They’re all in this post!!
This is a long post, jam packed with lots of goodies!
Here’s a quick breakdown, but look below for the details. You aren’t going to want to miss a single thing!
1. I’M GIVING AWAY A SILHOUETTE PORTRAIT™!!!
(Can you tell I’m pretty excited about it?)
2. There is a sale this month on both the PORTRAIT and the CAMEO from Silhouette, plus the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software is on sale, too! (I know many of you have asked about the difference and is it worth it to upgrade…all your questions are answered below!)
3. I have a quick video tutorial for you that shows how to use the trace feature to edit designs. (It can be tricky to get the hang of, but it’s one of my favorites to use!)
See what I mean? There is so much crafty goodness packed into this post!
Like I said, details are below!
Enjoy…and good luck! I can’t wait for one of you to win a Silhouette PORTRAIT™!!!
Nikki, In Stitches
1. How can YOU win a Silhouette Portrait™?
It’s easy. Just use the Rafflecopter app below. This giveaway is open to US residents only! (If you’re viewing this post in your email or through an email reader and can’t see the Rafflecopter box, click here to be taken directly to the Nikki, In Stitches site.)
Here is exactly what the winner will receive:
- Silhouette Portrait™ electronic cutting tool
- Silhouette Studio® software
- 50 exclusive cuttable designs
- Power cable, USB cable
- 8″ cutting mat
- Cutting blade
- $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
- Basic Instruction Guide
PLUS, I’m adding in my Intro To Your CAMEO class for free!
2. What’s on sale this month from Silhouette? Why should YOU consider upgrading to the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software?
As you can see from the picture above, both cutting systems are on sale this month from Silhouette. Both come bundled with the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software.
The software alone is also on sale.
Here are the specifics on the features of the designer edition software, plus my own two cents about how I use some of my faves!
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files (This is a biggie for me. Have you taken a peek at some of the .svg files out there? Take a look here at my favorite site for finding them and come back to me. They are so detailed. I’ve used them for centerpieces, for projects to make with my kiddos, for decorations. Most are stunning, detailed, and will take your paper crafting to a whole new level!)
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs (For those of you that like to embellish your clothing, hats, bags, etc. this will come in handy. Customizing designs and adding rhinestones to your apparel has never been easier.)
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing (I didn’t know how much I’d love this simple feature until I upgraded. No more guessing or zooming in by 400% to see if your shapes are lined up exactly straight. It seems like such a little thing…I know. But it will make a big difference in how quickly and easily you create your own designs.)
Ready to start shopping?
And be sure to use promo code STITCHES to get your discount!
Remember, the following three things are on sale this month:
- Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software (MSRP $49.99) on sale for $24.99
- Silhouette Portrait™ with Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software (MSRP $249.98) on sale for $179.99
- Silhouette Cameo® with Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software (MSRP $348.98) on sale for $269.99
This offer is only good from 2/28/13 to 3/8/13!
3. Are YOU ready to learn how to use one of my favorite tricks…the trace feature?
Take a peek at the video below where I walk you through step-by-step how to take just a piece of a picture you can find online for free (in this case, the thumbprint heart shown above), and turn it into a design element of your own using the trace feature.
(Can’t see the video? Click here to be taken right to the Nikki, In Stitches site and watch it there!)
PS…For another project using the trace feature, take a peek at my garden markers here. With warm weather (hopefully) around the corner, it’s perfect timing to start prepping for planting!
PPS…Feel free to share all the goodies in this post! By email, Twitter, Facebook…where ever! The more the merrier! XOXO