Got your coffee?
Ok, let’s catch up on everything!
1. Let’s get to the big thing, first…I know you’re dying to know who won the giveaway, and….
WENDY!! IT’S YOU!!
Congratulations, Wendy! The pattern will be emailed to you ASAP, and the fabric is going out in the mail tomorrow.
2. Don’t be sad if you didn’t win the apron! The pattern is available on NikkiInStitches.com for only $4! Remember, you can make it in under an hour, and if you’re like me, and have the world’s largest stash of fabric, you probably don’t need to even leave your house for supplies!
3. I want to give one huge thank you to my dear friend Kristen at 3 Little Birds Boutique for writing the sweetest post about my on her blog. Please go take a peek.
PS…Kristen is also having an amazing giveaway right now! Take a look…you will definitely want to enter!!
4. Did everyone see my first Berlin Patch Piece? Those wooden blocks were a hit! My next piece should go up early next week. And thank you to all of you that did go over to take a look, and especially to all of you that commented! It was such an amazingly warm welcome to the world of newspaper writing!
5. All of you know that I have a serious crush on hand applique, and I just wanted to let you know that we are still madly in love! I’ve been very slowly working on my Halloween quilt, and (I’m embarrassed to say this because Santa gave me this as a gift, Christmas 2009) I just finished the first block. Here’s a peek, but he still needs some finishing touches, buttons for eyes and on his vest, beads for the spiders eyes, etc. If you’d like to see the entire quilt, or get information on ordering it yourself, it’s available on Keepsake Quilting.
PS…Thank you to all of my Facebook fans that gave me tips on the Bullion Stitch used for the owl’s feet! At first, they were not looking so good!