Any guesses what these cute little stars and circles are?
Here’s a hint:
Tic Tac Toe anyone??
Yup, my little guy and I whipped these up the other day, getting ready for our vacation at the beach coming soon. I love these for two reasons. First, we’re going to have a blast next week, and these little goodies will keep us busy in the sand for hours. But second, I love them because we made them together. Half way through, when we both had paint covered hands and couldn’t stop giggling at the smears across our cheeks, my heart swelled and I knew I had found the perfect project for that rainy afternoon.
So gather your supplies, and your little ones, and enjoy!
Nikki, In Stitches
5 Paper Mache Stars and 5 Paper Mache Circles (I found these in the unfinished wood section of my local craft store. They are actually meant to be ornaments, so they come with a thin string at the top for hanging. Just pull that right out, and you’ve got tic tac toe game pieces!)
1 Piece of Scrap Cardstock to Make Templates
Assorted Scrapbook Papers
Pencil, Scissors, and Ruler
1. Paint paper mache ornaments with base color and allow to fully dry.
2. Trace each ornament shape on the scrap cardstock to make a template of both the circle and the star. Measure 1/8″ in, on all sides, and trim templates. (You want your finished cut pieces about 1/8″ smaller all around than the actual ornaments.)
3. Cut 10 of each shape out of your assorted scrapbook papers. (5 ornaments of each shape X 2 sides = 10 of each shape needed!)
4. Following manufacturer’s instructions, adhere the scrapbook papers to the painted ornaments.
5. Add some sun and sand, and have tons of fun!!