Sometimes an old favorite just needs a little “pick me up” to give it new life, right?
Many of you probably remember my “baked and curled” grosgrain ribbon wreath from last year. Truth be told, I use it for both Christmas and Valentine’s Day decor. After the holidays, I incorporated it into my “love” tablescape, but it needed a little something…something to make it a little more Valentine’s Day-ish!
Enter this simple “love” bunting, made with my CAMEO. What makes it even better? Three things:
1. The “love” bunting design was a free shape of the week! I grabbed it a few weeks ago, not knowing what I would use it for, but knew I wanted to add it to my library! (Remember, keep your eyes on the Silhouette blog to pick up your free shape every week!)
2. All the papers I used came from my scrap bin! Yup…This cutie didn’t cost a penny! PS…It’s also super simple and quick to put together, making it the perfect project to do with your kids. My little one (age 3) was in charge of the glitter!
3. Double-sided adhesive is seriously the solution to all your glitter problems! Many of you have seen my rants on Facebook and Twitter about how glitter and I usually DO NOT get along, but the double-sided adhesive makes it so easy. Finally, glitter and I have a healthy relationship!
A quick how-to for the bunting is below, including the details of how to manipulate the file in the Silhouette software, as well as how to use the double-sided adhesive.
- Cutting System
- Red cardstock
- White cardstock
- Double-sided adhesive
- Red DMC floss
- Adhesive roller
1. The file from the Silhouette online store actually contains both the word “love,” the phrase “be mine” and a few little hearts. Open the file. Click “Ungroup” at the bottom left of your screen to break the design into its individual parts. Delete the pieces you won’t need. Select all the pieces that are left, and this time click “Group” at the bottom left of your screen so that you can resize the design as one large piece. Resize to whatever dimensions you’d like! (Mine is about 2.25″ x 8″.)
2. Copy the design and paste it into three files. (Why three? We’re going to cut different parts of this design from different papers and mediums. We’re actually going to cut three times. We’ll cut the background pennants from red cardstock. We’ll cut the “doily” scalloped circles from white cardstock. And we’ll cut the letters from the double-sided adhesive. I copy the entire design three times, then “ungroup” it and delete out the parts in each that I won’t need. Don’t worry there are pics of what each should look like before cutting below!)
4. Assemble and glitter!
5. Repeat across! (Tip: I use an old makeup brush to remove any stray glitter!)
6. Attach to wreath.
Nikki, In Stitches
TRES JOLI MERCI MA BELLE BIZ JOJO
(LOVELY! THANK YOU, MY BEAUTIFUL! JOJO)
Thank YOU, JoJo!
Hope things are going well!
Espérer que les choses vont bien!