Chalk designs….it’s hard to not see them pretty much everywhere you look these days. And to be honest, I can’t get enough of them. (Want a peek at some of favorite chalkboard design ideas? Here’s my newest Pinterest board: Chalk Dust On My Finger Tips. Can you tell I was once a teacher?)
But if I’m going to put that kind of time into a design, whether it be a framed piece in my living room, or a monogram for my door, I want it to stick around for as long as possible!
So, below you’ll find my how-to for making permanent “chalk” designs….no actual chalk required!
But wait! There’s more!
I have another Silhouette Portrait™ to giveaway!
And, if you’ve already got a Portrait or CAMEO, and you’d like to stock up on vinyl, now is the time! I’ve got a promo code good for 25% off your order!
So take a peek at all the goodies below, and enjoy!
Nikki, In Stitches
1. First Up: How To Make A Permanent “Chalk” Design!
(Just a note here about my stencil: Please don’t be intimidated by the complexity of my stencil, or turned away from this project because I made mine with my CAMEO. Sticky-backed stencils are becoming easier to find. There are a few brands available in your local craft store, and there are even shops online that will create a custom stencil for you.)
Couldn’t be easier, right? And now you don’t have to worry about your beautiful “chalk” design smudging after you’ve spent so much time working on it!
2. Next on the list: Discounts on vinyl and cutting systems!
By now, many of you know the drill: Silhouette picks one product a month to feature and discount. If you just need supplies, this is a great opportunity to stock up. But on top of that, if you don’t yet have a Silhouette cutting system, you can get either a Portrait or a CAMEO on sale this month, bundled with the selected product. Make sense?
This month’s featured product is vinyl…one of my personal favorites, and what I used to make my stencil for my chalk design above!
Here are the sale details, as well as the promo code you’ll need to get the discount:
- All premium vinyl is 25% off with promo code STITCHES. (Here’s a quick note about this offer. Silhouette recently reduced the price of their vinyl to $9.99 a roll. With the STITCHES promo code, you’ll get it 25% off of that price! That brings it down to $7.50 a roll…that’s a steal!)
- 1 Silhouette Portrait™ + 1 roll of black vinyl, 1 roll of white vinyl, and 1 roll of transfer paper: $139.99 (MSRP: $229.96)
- 1 Silhouette CAMEO® + 1 roll of black vinyl, 1 roll of white vinyl, and 1 roll of transfer paper: $269.99 (MSRP: $329.96)
Ready to start shopping?
And be sure to use promo code STITCHES to get your discount!
This offer is only good from 4/18/13 to 4/26/13!
3. I saved the best for last: THE PORTRAIT GIVEAWAY!!!
Entering is easy! Just use the Rafflecopter app below. This giveaway is open to US residents only! (If you’re viewing this post in your email or through an email reader and can’t see the Rafflecopter box, click here to be taken directly to the Nikki, In Stitches site.)
Here is exactly what the winner will receive:
- Silhouette Portrait™ electronic cutting tool
- Silhouette Studio® software
- 50 exclusive cuttable designs
- Power cable, USB cable
- 8″ cutting mat
- Cutting blade
- $10 gift card to the Silhouette Online Store
- Basic Instruction Guide
PLUS, I’m adding in my Intro To Your CAMEO class for free!
So many goodies packed into one post! Good luck to all of you entering the giveaway fun!