It’s all in the details, right?
These simple candy tubes are perfect for holding your most adorable Halloween tricks and treats!
Printing (and cutting, for that matter) can be a little tricky on shiny foil paper, so be sure to check out my tips I have throughout the tutorial below!
Nikki, In Stitches
- Candy tubes
- Spider web paper punch
- Black cardstock (Mine has a little shimmer to it, but you could probably find something that will work in your scrap bin!)
- Adhesive roller
- Gold printable foil sticker paper
- Silhouette CAMEO® cutting system
- Something fun to fill your candy tubes with! (My little guy helped me pick out googly eyed rings, erasers, pencil toppers, and some fun stretchy skeletons!)
- Cut a piece of cardstock long enough to wrap around the tube (in my case about 5″) and wide enough to punch with your spider web punch. (Again, this will depend on your punch…for me the strip needed to be about 1 1/16″ wide.)
- Punch the cardstock and use your adhesive roller to attach it around your candy tube.
- Print and cut your stickers using your Silhouette CAMEO®…detailed directions below!
- Adhere stickers.
- Fill with goodies!
Here’s how easy it is create your own custom stickers with a Silhouette CAMEO®!
- Create your sticker in the Silhouette Studio design software. For my sticker, I purchased the label shape from the Silhouette online store for only $0.99 (it’s called “artisan label set”) and used the font “cracked.” (Note: Many of you are saying that creating your own designs from scratch is a little intimidating. Take a peek around the Silhouette online store. There are too many designs there to count, and most are $0.99. You can find something there for every occasion, and with just a little customizing, you can make them your own…without having to start from scratch!)
- Fill your design with whatever colors you’d like.
- Open the “cut style window” and select “cut edge.” This tells your CAMEO to only cut the outside border of your sticker (rather than all of the lines inside!).
- Change your paper size to 8.5″ x 11″. Copy and paste your image to fill the page. Open the “Registration Marks Settings” window and click “Show Reg Marks.”
- Important! To get the best results, edit your registration marks by following these steps!
- Click “File” at the top of the screen.
- Select “Registration Mark Settings.”
- Alter the distances to a slightly higher number (such as 1″).
- Select the maximum thickness for your marks.
- Click to “Send to Printer” and print! (Note: If you’re using the foil papers, give them a few minutes to dry after printing. You don’t want your design to smear!)
- Place dry paper onto your Silhouette CAMEO® cutting mat and load into the machine. Click the “Silhouette Cut Settings” window. Be sure to select “printable foil” as your medium, and click “Cutting Mat.”
- Click “Send to Silhouette.” A window will open on the right that will walk you through loading the cutting mat and preparing the machine to read your already printed registration marks. Follow these steps:
- Click “Click here to skip printing.” Your design is already printed.
- Click “Continue.” You’ve loaded your mat and adjusted your settings in the step above!
- Click “detect automatically.” Your machine will start scanning your page, looking for the registration marks.
- Click ‘Cut.”
- Unload your cutting mat and peel away the excess paper. You’ll be left with “Boo!”-tiful Halloween stickers!
WHEW! That seems really long, but I literally gave you every little click, detail, and tip to make it super easy!
PS…You can take a peek at all of my Silhouette projects and tutorials here to get an even better idea of all the crafty places it can take you!