Each time I update these candy jars for the current holiday, the project takes less and less time, and costs less money!
You’ve seen these covered in creepy crawly spiders, filled with candy corn…
And you’ve caught a peek of them, decked for the halls, filled with peppermints…
And now, they’re filled with M&M’s (my little ones’ favorite “happy plate” rewards!) and adorably embellished with X’s, O’s, and the cutest little felt hearts.
This time around, the whole project was wrapped up in under five minutes!
Nikki, In Stitches
PS…This is a fun one to make with your kiddos, too…you just might want to buy an extra bag of M&M’s!
- Apothecary Jars (Remember, I bought these back in September, using a 40% off coupon, but I double checked today and there were still a few in stock! Really, any style jar will work. There are tons available at your local large chain craft store.)
- A few paper scraps (You only need two strips, each 1 1/4″ wide…check your scrap box!
- A border punch (Mine is just a flower punch I had on hand…Not even made for Valentine’s Day!)
- Felt Hearts (I grabbed a pack of these for under $4 at the craft store, but you could cut them yourself!)
- Adhesive Runner
1. Punch along each long side of your two 1 1/4″ wide strips of paper. Use an adhesive runner to adhere them to the jars.
2. Again, using your adhesive runner, adhere your ribbon over the paper.
3. And one last time, use your adhesive runner to attach your hearts!
Fill with candy and enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Mwah!
So creative and simple yet elegant!
I really like this and think I am going to try.
Let us know how it goes!!
These are great! I host a link party every Saturday. I’d love for you to stop over & share.
Thanks so much, Lauren!
I’ll be stopping by to take a peek tomorrow!
What a fabulous idea! I will have to check out what jars I have, and if any are on sale locally. This would be a perfect project to do with my boys!
I love these! It’s great how simple they are to switch out for every holiday 🙂
Thanks so much, Stephanie and Terrie! The kiddos look forward to this project every month and what candy we will fill them with!
Carrie ~ A Sweet Spot: Home says
So sweet and simple, I love it!
Oh! Thanks, Carrie! XOXO
I found these exact jars after an extensive search. I LOVE the shape! Anyway, thank you so much for the idea. They are beautiful…
Would you mind sharing where you found them? I’ve had a few people ask me about mine. I bought them at Michael’s but it was last fall!