It has been FOREVER since I’ve posted a Silhouette Software tutorial which seems so crazy to me because I literally feel like I’m in there every day working on sign layouts and mockups for clients.
I thought I’d share today some of my go-to tricks and tips for editing fonts.
This is honestly the easiest way to take your designs to the next level. Without paying for expensive fonts or additional editing software, just a few adjustments can give your layouts more visual interest, making them that much more dynamic!
In the video below, I walk you through the following techniques…
- Manipulating individual letters inside of a word to make it look more handwritten (which is soooo trendy right now!)
- Combining similar fonts INSIDE OF THE SAME WORD seamlessly!
- Replicating embellishments throughout a word to create the idea that the same font is used throughout
We’ll use the following tools in your Silhouette Software.
- We’ll resize and rotate pieces as a whole, and individual letters
- We’ll use the knife tool to cut off parts of letters in order to replicate them in other parts of our design.
- We’ll edit points to change the angle and slope of some letters, making our design look much less “out of the box”
Take a look and of course, ask any questions you may have!